Saturday, December 26, 2009

2 opinions

In this day and age people are so caught up in voicing their opinion on every item they possibly can. What saddens me is a lot of these opinions are uneducated and being dished out without being understood. Call me a free loving hippy. Call me whatever you want. I'm just trying to live my life the best I can. The best way I can do this, is rid myself of negativity. Why be so pessimistic about so many things? Why automatically think the negative of something that is different from you? Here I am going to explain a few things and address my opinions on two "hot" topics.

Anti-Mormon: First off, let me say I am not Mormon. A few of my childhood friends may not know this and this may be the first time they are hearing this, but that is the truth. But it is so common in Utah to denounce being Mormon and then being negative towards the religion. This is not me. Frankly, I do not care if you are Mormon or any other religion. It does not matter to me. In so many ways, the Mormon religion has helped hundreds of thousands of people. People who have had a life full of struggles and bad influences have left it all behind by becoming a member of the Mormon religion. I respect anyone who actively tries to better themselves. But I have no negativity towards this religion. I am not the typical non-Mormon Utahn who does nothing but trash talk about it. The religion is just not for me. After actively being a member and being knowledgeable on the religion, I have found within myself that it is something that is great for other people, but not for me. Why would I talk negatively about a religion that does a great amount of humanitarian good around the world? I do not have anything negative to say about the Mormon religion. But their members can be the most negative and most non Christ like people ever. Judgmental, scared of change or anything different, etc. It does go for any religion. I also want to point out for everyone I said the members "CAN BE" and does not refer to all members. I am speaking in generalities here also. I am not speaking about, or asking for your opinion on the doctrine. Keep it to yourself, I don't want to hear it.

Anti-Homosexual: This is and always will be a big issue. I am not gay. Obviously. But honestly, I don't really care. If people choose to be homosexual it has nothing to do with me and does not affect me. Too many people base their opinions on homosexuality, on other peoples words. Which bothers me because everyone needs to have their OWN opinion. If they want to get married, let them. It's the same thing with smoking or personal decisions. If someone wants to live their life and be a certain way THAT doesn't affect you first hand......let them. It's their life, not yours. And you cannot say that you pay taxes for them to GET married. That does not fly because guess what, they pay taxes for YOU to get married.

Frankly, I do not care. I just live my life and try to be a good person. I make decisions for myself and myself only. All I can really say is, be a good person. If a decision you are going to make might put a negative effect on a person, maybe you should reevaluate your decision. Stop trying to make your opinion fact and correct. You cannot argue opinion. I could say Tom Hanks is the best actor out there. But you may believe Morgan Freeman is. Does that make either of our opinions wrong or right? Nope.

That is all I have to say.




Tom Hanks IS the best actor out there though. ;)

No comments: