Saturday, December 26, 2009

Previous Words: Blink-182

So lately I have been excited over the reunion of my all time favorite band blink-182. For most people who know me, they know I love the band and the members greatly. But also with my excitement comes the people who believe that they need to voice their opinion of disgust of the band. Many comments such as "I love Blink, but I'm not twelve anymore", "Puuuuuuuke", "I like GOOD music" etc.

Here is where I shut you the fuck up.....

A lot of people have said that they used to enjoy the band but they no longer do because they are no longer in junior high. In my opinion, (as someone who appreciates music, musicianship, talent, hard-work, devotion, and doing what you love), you can never grow out of music. You can always find in yourself that one thing that attracted you to that musician in the first place. Such is the case with me loving blink-182. I first got into them with their Dude Ranch cd in Elementary School. And as I grew, the band grew. With each album I found something that I could relate with. Which is the beauty with music. It is the same way that some will turn on their old Hanson or Spice Girls CD. We know that they are out of date and no longer a hit. But you listen to them because it speaks to your inner self that once felt that strong connection with the artist or song.


I love blink-182. I KNOW they are immature (have you even met me?). I KNOW they are horrible live 90% of the time. But I see through all of that to find the message that I can relate with. As I do with every artist.


Did you bother to listen to their last album? Or were you just being biased and going off of the radio songs you know of?

With there being so much music that is accessible now, it's hard to find the artists that are truly talented and deserve the credit. But also, I believe that if you find something you are passionate about and care about, you should stick up for it and believe in it. I believe in music. Not what you may hear on the radio, or in a movie, or on a cd. I believe in the music that plays in the soundtrack to my life. And a lot of the time, blink-182 is writing and playing and singing the emotions and thoughts that flow through me everyday.

I do not care for genre's. I just listen for what speaks to me. If you did that, you'd be surprised at the range of artists you will find and enjoy.
No one has better taste in music than you. They are all just personal opinions.
Now go fuck yourselves cock suckers. And keep your self righteous thoughts to yourself.

I appreciate music. Simple as that.

No comments: