Saturday, December 26, 2009

Previous Words: Explanation....

So I have been saying this to a few people lately. It's something I believe and something I have come up with. And I think it explains itself pretty clearly. But let me lead up to it.

If I say we are friends, we are friends. But today, people change friends as much as they do their clothing. And usually those friendships are ended over stupid things. He said she said bullshit usually. I don't buy into it, I don't talk behind peoples backs, and I don't obtain an opinion on something unless I hear it from the original source. This being said...if I call you my friend, you should know this.

1. You will always have a mind to offer it's opinion.

2. You will always have a body to receive a hug or to have company when you need it.

And last but not least...

3. You will always have a heart that cares about you and loves you.

This is how I treat all my friendships. And you will receive those three things I explained until you show me that you do not deserve them. In which case I will no longer consider you a friend, but more like an acquaintance.

So I offer this to you as well. A challenge. This is not to cause drama, or hurt, or anger. But merely just to let you know where you stand because in the past month, I have realized a lot about who I consider my friends. But the challenge is this. I challenge you to ask yourself, "Do I want to know where I stand in Dan's opinion of him and I?"

If the answer is yes, go ahead and ask me. I will tell you.

One thing that most of you know about me is I am always honest. I don't hide anything and I am upfront from the beginning. And because of that honesty a lot of you consider me to be real. You know that you can talk to me, and that it's easy to talk to me about anything at all, and that I am truly listening. I was explaining to a close friend the other day how I know so many secrets of so many people, and the reason why they tell me those personal secrets, is because they know deep down I would never use them against them or let those secrets out to someone who shouldn't know. I truly love my friends. And try my best to show it to them. I'm not perfect. But I try.

Just wanted to let you know.

No comments: