Monday, October 25, 2010

What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live!

So last night my lady and I drove to get coffee. We had a night full of packing ahead of us preparing for the move into an apartment we don't even know if we are approved for. But regardless, we are moving Friday no matter what. Just not certain on where we will be moving to. I digress. So she didn't want to go into the coffee shop to get her drink, so she sent me in with $3 and the change I had in my pockets. I asked her if she wanted me to leave a tip and she said to leave a dollar. The drink ends up being $3.51 and this barista was left with a shitty tip. No biggie in my mind, because it wasn't that difficult of a drink and yea. When telling her the price of the drink, she continues to say "I should have gone in. I probably would have gotten it for cheaper." Which isn't cocky, it's most likely true. The little barista dude has a crush on my lady. So I am more than certain she probably could have gotten it for at least a dollar cheaper.
But I went on to tell her, that in most cases, a girl will usually get a deal on food, order, etc. if the person selling the product is male. Guys are all about giving an attractive female a discount or something. Most of the time just to be nice to the attractive girl, maybe sometimes just to impress the girl. Maybe even to get a number, whatever. But I was explaining that in most cases a guy will be have that way. But if an attractive guy goes in to buy something from a female, the female may think he's just drop dead attractive, but will probably still charge him full price. In some cases a girl might give a discount or something. But usually a female will behave that way. It's no biggie. Mainly also because girls don't need to behave like guys in that sense. Guys are always on the prowl, trying to impress the opposite sex. Ladies on the other hand, even mildly attractive, know they can get a guy. They don't REALLY need to impress anyone. There is always some guy out there who is interested. Might not be up to the girls standards, but still, there is some male out there that is interested in every girl.

The conversation then turned and I started laughing and said "The only reason I am good looking is because of you being on my arm. Being next to you just makes me better looking...." then I stopped. Cause I realized what I was saying was so incredibly false. I corrected myself. "Wait...I am more hideous standing next to you than attractive. People probably stare at us and go 'That girl can do much better than that ugly, fat turd'." Wow. Not in all cases, the attractive company you keep is benefiting you. I learned this last night. Laughter soon ensued because of how hilariously true the statement was. What an interesting realization. But I will admit that sometimes it does help in say, a group of friends. Kind of how there isn't that attractive of a girl or guy, but just by the attractive friends you are more susceptible to finding them attractive rather than seeing them alone. I don't know. I'm talking out of my ass now.

Another realization recently is that I haven't had any sickness in the past year. Which makes me quite excited. I haven't had as much of a sniffle. And I would have to say this is most likely my most unhealthy I have lived. Still, nothing to celebrate. OR NOT! Give me some fucking Jagermeister or maybe I'll start making some drinks. On that point, moving into a new place will allow me to start bartending again. SHIT! So excited for that to happen. It will be good times. I love making drinks in my kitchen for friends. I could do it as a job but I think I would lose the love I have for it. Same thing with cooking. Love doing it, but couldn't work in a restaurant. I'd just flip my shit too easily. Anywho, time to end this.

You know you love me.
XOXO

No comments: